So you have a Podcast hosted on Libsyn and you’re looking to distribute on SoundCloud’s platform.
Not a bad idea. According to SoundCloud.com, 175 million people listen to SoundCloud each month. That’s not a number to scoff at.
In this post, we’ll show you how you can link your Libsyn-hosted show to your SoundClound account to automatically publish new episodes on their popular distribution platform and also easily upload your older episodes of your choice.
Connecting Your Show to Your SoundCloud Account
1. First of all, log into your Libsyn account and select Destinations >> +Add New
2. From the Social section, select Sound Cloud by clicking the +Add button
3. At this point, you’ll need to open another tab in your browser, log into your SoundCloud account.
If you don’t yet have a SoundCloud account, visit SoundCloud.com and create a new account and sign in.
4. Switch back to your previous browser tab and click on Login With SoundCloud to Proceed
5. After you’re redirected to Soundcloud, you’ll get a prompt to allow “Lybsin OnPublish” access your SoundCloud account. Hit Connect
6. Lastly, after you’re redirected back to Libsyn, you’ll be asked to list tags that will be automatically added to your SoundCloud post once a new episode goes live.
And you’re done! Congratulations!
Every time you release a new episode in Libsyn, it will be automatically published on SoundCloud as well.
Add Previously Published Episodes to Your SoundCloud Account
1. Click on Destinations, then hit Select Content for Soundcloud.
2. Here, you can check off previously-released episodes that you would like published in your Soundcloud.
Once you selected the episodes you want published, click the Save button
Don’t be alarmed if you don’t see these episodes appear in SoundCloud right away. The process usually takes some time, depending on how many episodes you selected.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.